Skip to main content Skip to footer

Central Manitoulin By-Laws and Enforcement

Generally, the powers of your municipality must be exercised by Council through by-law. By-laws are passed at Council meetings.   

Below you will find information on by-law enforcement and a by-law archive from 1998 to present.

By-law Enforcement Officer

Sue Meert
705-377-5726 X 23

For noise complaints, please contact the police non-emergency line at 1-888-310-1122.

Municipal by-laws are enforced on a written complaint basis only. You can file a bylaw complaint by reporting a concern or complaint through Cloudpermit.

Telephone calls will not be accepted unless it is a public health and safety issue.

How to Submit a By-law Concern or Complaint Via Cloudpermit

The Municipality of Central Manitoulin is pleased to offer residents Cloudpermit – an online system to submit concerns.

Step 1:  Start creating a concern/complaint by selecting the 'Report a Complaint' button below.

Step 2: Search for a property by typing an address or by moving and zooming on the map. Click on the property to place a pin for the location of the complaint.

Step 3: Select 'Create Complaint' from the panel on the right side of the map. Fill in the required information. You can describe the exact location of the concern/complaint if it is, for example, outside of the property borders and you want to help the by-law enforcement officer find the location more easily.

Step 4: Verify and ‘Submit’ your concern/complaint for review.

Report a Complaint

Need help? Visit Cloudpermit Support for answers to commonly asked technical questions about the platform.


Helpful Information to Provide

By-law infractions that you wish to have investigated by the By-law Enforcement Officer must be submitted formally in writing. If you would like to report a By-law violation, please complete and submit a complaint using the link. We ask that when providing a description of the issue, any information regarding the following items be added to the complaint, if known:

  • Have Police attended the property previously?
  • How many people live at the property?
  • Are you aware of any violent altercations that have taken place involving the residents of the property in question?
  • Are there any dogs on the property?

Additional Information 

The complaint will not be investigated if:

  • Anonymous or third party
  • Incomplete form
  • Considered malicious or vexatious.

Civil matters not within our jurisdiction:

  • private right-of-way disputes,
  • trespassing, and
  • neighbour disputes over property lines, tree cutting or fence locations

If the matter cannot be resolved between you and your neighbour, you may wish to consult legal counsel.

If you are having trouble using the online form tool above you can also pick up a paper complaint form from the Municipal Office.

Please note that all information submitted is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and as per the Act, By-law Services cannot provide updates on the status of any file.

Noise Complaints

For noise complaints, please contact the police non-emergency line at 1-888-310-1122.

By-Law Archive


This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.