Things to Do in Central Manitoulin
Central Manitoulin offers a variety of community programs, events and attractions to keep residents and visitors of all ages busy throughout the year. There's always an event coming up soon!
Things to do in Central Manitoulin:
- Visit the Providence Bay Beach and walk the picturesque boardwalk of the south shore of Manitoulin Island.
- Hike beautiful Waggs’ Woods Trail. Three kilometers of trails right in Mindemoya. Walk an old growth forest, find fossils, explore escarpments and alvar trails. There is also a great half kilometer accessibility section, that is hard packed and great for mobility issues, mobility devices and strollers. You may even see a barred owl or a wood thrush.
- Central Manitoulin Cooking Sessions teach you tips and tricks from local renowned cooks and dietitians.
- Visit the Central Manitoulin Public Library in Mindemoya with over 16,000 books to choose from.
- Spend the day enjoying an inflatable obstacle waterpark, Splashtown Manitoulin located at the Mindemoya Government Dock during the summer months.
- Tour the famous Perivale Gallery and enjoy their showcase of local and Canadian art from mid-May until mid-September.
- Golf at Brookwood Brae 9 Hole Golf Course in Mindemoya.
- Explore the Pioneer Museum in Mindemoya and learn about the history of pioneer life in Central Manitoulin. Open daily through July and August from 9 am – 5:30 pm.
- Shop our commercial hub in downtown Mindemoya.
- Eat at one of many restaurants!
- Visit us in December! Central Manitoulin Christmas Celebration first weekend in December!
- Take in a summer festival like Bluegrass in the Country, Providence Bay Fair, Homecoming Weekend and Manitoulin Ribfest!
- Find out about the rich natural and cultural heritage of Providence Bay. The Discovery Centre is a unique, interactive space that promotes awareness history and nature.
- Take a swim at one of four public beaches on Lake Mindemoya.
- Take a bike tour with Manitoulin Island Cycling Advocates (MICA)
- Visit Mindemoya Cave! To visit the cave takes about 45 min, including the walk along the private nature trail to the cave entrance.
- Go fishing from one of our docks and 7 boat launches!