A Driveway Entrance Application Form must be filled out and paid for in advance of the Roads Department conducting a site visit. The $20.00 fee is non-refundable whether the entrance is approved or not. The form also includes the related by-law for reference.
Please include a drawing of your planned driveway installation. Roads Department staff will let you know if it is okay or if it needs to be changed. The purpose of this procedure is to outline criteria when reviewing applications for new entrances or alterations to entrances to ensure:
- Protection of the public through the orderly control of traffic movement onto and from Municipal roads
- Protection of the public investment in Municipal roads
- Minimizing Municipal expenditures on maintenance of private entrance ways
- Providing legal access onto Municipal roads from adjacent private property
Points to remember:
- Storm water cannot drain to Town property or any other property.
- Storm water Do not disturb storm water drainage.
- from the street cannot enter your property or your neighbor's property.
- Your driveway cannot block your sight line or the sight line of street traffic when you are entering or leaving your driveway. A 200-meter sight line is required on an 80 km/h road.
All this information can be found on the Driveway Entrance Application Form.