Annual Community Events:
- Farmers Market – May to 2nd week of October, every Saturday at the Mindemoya Arena
- Blue Grass Festival – 2nd weekend of June, Providence Bay Fairground
- Manitoulin Passage Ride – 1st weekend of June, starting at South Baymouth Ferry Terminal
- Pearson Cup Softball Tournament – Father’s Day Weekend, Mindemoya
- Lion's Club Homecoming Weekend – Canada Day Weekend, Mindemoya
- Canada Day Festivities – July 1st, Harbour View Centre – Providence Bay
- Annual Fish Fry – 2nd Wednesday in July, Big Lake Schoolhouse
- Providence Bay Annual Pork Barbecue – 2nd Saturday in July, Providence Bay Arena
- Ride Manitoulin Motorcycle Rally – 3rd Weekend in July, Providence Bay Fairgrounds
- Hillbilly Steak Supper – 2nd Wednesday in August, Big Lake Schoolhouse
- Providence Bay Fall Fair – 3rd Weekend in August, Providence Bay Fairgrounds
- Annual Pancake Breakfast – Sunday of the Providence Bay Fair Weekend, Providence Bay Hall
- Providence Bay Annual Fowl Supper – Mid-November, Providence Bay Hall
- Journey to Bethlehem – First full weekend of December, Mindemoya Missionary Church
Teams gather annually over Father’s Day Weekend for the Pearson Cup Softball Tournament. The tournament hosts two divisions – the Sportsman or the 35ers – at the Old School House Park and Ball Fields.
Bluegrass in the Country
Bluegrass in the Country is a music festival held the second weekend of June at the fairgrounds in Providence Bay. For more information, please visit www.bluegrassinthecountry.com
Manitoulin Passage Ride
Please visit www.manitoulincycling.com for more information on this annual cycle through Manitoulin Island during the first weekend of June.
The Central Manitoulin Lion’s Club Annual Homecoming Weekend is held during the Canada Day Weekend. It features a parade, classic car show, kids games, food, entertainment, a ball tournament, fireworks and more.
Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day celebrations are held at the Harbour Centre at Providence Bay Beach. Festivities include children’s games, music, cake and fireworks.
Ride Manitoulin is an annual Motorcycle Rally held the third weekend of July at the Providence Bay Fairgrounds. Celebrate our diversity and unique nature as you ride your motorcycle over the many roadways of Manitoulin Island. All classes of motorcycles and riders are welcome. Vendors, entertainment, biker games, rides and a Poker Run are held over the weekend. For more information please visit www.ridemanitoulin.net.
Providence Bay Fall Fair
The Providence Bay Fall Fair is held the third full weekend in August and is one of Manitoulin Island’s most popular events. Since 1884, this country fair has attracted thousands of visitors and is hosted by the Providence Bay Agricultural Society. Events include a midway, vendors, entertainment, Ambassador Pageant, Parade, and more. The Exhibition Hall holds exhibits on craftwork, baking, fruits and vegetables, floral arrangements, quilting displays, photography and more. For more information please visit www.providencebayfair.com.