With tourism ramping back up we just wanted to put out another reminder about the public washroom situation in Central Manitoulin for the public and so businesses can properly inform their customers.
Bathrooms & Portable Toilets (PT). All of these including the portable toilets are on an increased cleaning schedule by Municipal Maintenance staff.
- Mindemoya Municipal Complex between the Community Centre and Municipal Office (PT)
- Perivale Road Boat Launch (PT)
- Stanley Park Beach (PT)
- Sandfield Boat Launch (PT)
- Big Lake Boat Launch (PT)
- Municipal Office bathrooms in the daytime Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (Converted to single use)
- Government Dock change/bathrooms (Converted to single use)
- Providence Bay Beach change/bathrooms (Converted to single use)
Additionally, the MTO bathrooms on Lake Mindemoya on Highway 551 between M’Chigeeng & Mindemoya and Hwy 542 near the Mindemoya Dam are open. It should be noted that MTO has posted at the washrooms that they are having issues with vandalism/theft of toilet paper and hand sanitizer. Those two MTO washrooms may not be stocked at all times.