The Province of Ontario announced a reopening strategy from the current lockdown on January 20th, 2022 that will start on January 31, 2022. The Province the Ontario Regulation O. Reg. 364/20: RULES FOR AREAS AT STEP 3 AND AT THE ROADMAP EXIT STEP on Friday January 28th, 2022. Rental bookings may resume, however renters are advised that the Provincial Regulations may change. Any organized hockey related questions can be directed towards the local Minor Hockey Association or any other governing body as they are a renter operating within Provincial, Public Health district and governing body parameters.
a) Outdoor skating rinks
- Face covering required if social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Open for Public skating
- Standard Covid protocols
- Proof of Vaccination required
- 25 maximum
- No Canteen
- Open for Minor Hockey
- 50% capacity in the viewing area
- No Canteen
d) Other Facilities
- Social gatherings maximum 10 people
- Organized public events 25 people
- Proof of vaccination required as per the Vaccination Policy
- When used for these fitness activities they are open to 50 % capacity, with lessee’s being required to abide by the conditions of the User Agreement identified in the Municipal Vaccination Policy.
Standard Covid Protocols include hand sanitizing, social distancing and face covering as per user agreement and Vaccination Policy
Halls and Event Spaces - Call the Municipal Office 705-377-5726
Providence Bay Arena - Call Providence Bay Arena - 705-377-4090. Please leave a message.
Central Manitoulin Skating Oval at Providence Bay Fairgrounds. Free to use, no appointment necessary. For updates on the track condition visit the volunteer page Providence Bay/Spring Bay Recreation Committee Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/provbayspringbayrec
Stop the Spread Business Line 1-888-444-3659
Ontario Hockey Federation Announcement