- The challenge is open all to residents and community members of Manitoulin Island.
- Participants will track their distance walked or ran on a weekly basis and submit their:
- Weekly total accumulated distance (km’s)
- Name of their Community via email to: email@example.com by Sunday night at 8:00pm.
- NEMI will be responsible for inputting the distances logged by all participants.
- Each Monday, we will post the results via a Weekly Leaderboard. This chart will show which community is currently in the lead and how many kilometers have been walked so far.
- At the end of the Challenge, we will compile the results and will issue a 1st and 2nd Prize to the Individual who walked the greatest distance, as well as the winning Community will receive a shoutout on social media and eternal bragging rights!
Island Wide Step Into Spring Walking Challenge
A Little About Central
The Municipality of Central Manitoulin is located in the centre of Manitoulin Island with an abundance of lakes, rivers, and beaches. The Municipality includes the villages and hamlets of Mindemoya, Providence Bay, Spring Bay, Sandfield and Big Lake. We offer diverse attractions and unique landmarks such as our sandy beach in Providence Bay or access to Lake Manitou, the largest lake on the island. We invite you to visit our community in the "heart" of Manitoulin Island.